Friday 20 April 2012

Why I prefer some Anime in English dub

Now, by that title alone I shall be inciting a flame war.

Go on...

Down in the comments section you can insult me all you like...

You're probably going to ignore everything else I type... most trolls would do this...

Anything below here you will ignore...



No, you're still reading? That's good, you're actually curious...

That's the funny thing about humans. Their curiosity. I should know, I'm curious about what makes everything tick...

So I'll explain what makes me like some Anime in English dub.

I shall be using my favourite Anime as an example. I've watched both English dub and English sub. Code Geass. One of THE best Anime I have ever seen. Now why would I prefer this Anime in English dub?

I shall pose another question... How do you destroy a country? By taking away their rights? Yeah that might help, but no. Destroy their names and give them a simple number? Yeah that might help, but no. No the answer is that you destroy their culture. A country is only a country, so long it still has culture and tradition. And how do you do that? You begin with their Language.

So back to the main question. Why would I prefer Code Geass in English dub. Because of that reasoning above. The (Holy) Britannia has taken over Japan, and now the Japanese are simply Elevens. So why would they speak Japanese? To destroy a culture, the best way is to start with Language. So in this case, why would they speak Japanese? It'll be much easier to force everyone to speak their language. Good bye culture, good bye country.

THAT is why I prefer it in English dub. It makes perfect logic. Tho then again, one could argue "Suspension of disbelief". But if you do that, I'll never be able to make the joke "Lelouch, it's Morphin Time!!" Haha ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment