Tuesday 11 September 2012

Games Day Australia 2012

Taken from Games Workshop's Website

Just got back from Sydney, and I tell you, it was perhaps the best holiday I've had ever!! Mainly due to Games Day Australia. It twas a brilliant event where I got to meet some awesome people, name Jes Goodwin, Jeremy Vetock and Henry Zou (apologies if I spelt their names wrong, never been good with spelling names/surnames). This was actually my first ever Games Day, so it was a nice experience. The Forge World store saw a huge amount of action (spent an hour there including the queue). The Black Library Section was also awesome, and I picked up 2 out of the 3 Posters. I would've loved to have grabbed the 3rd, but it was sold out just before I arrived.

10min after I bought the 2 posters, they were sold out. Each poster was signed by their respective artist too.

The Forge World products I picked up were of fantastic quality, I picked up no miscasts so far. A little warping, but that's cos of the packaging. It's funny, that the quality at Games Day is much better then that when ordered. Good news, I now have the parts to enact my plan, to collect a World Eaters Warband. The army list can be found over at my deviantArt http://sgt-thaddeus.deviantart.com/#/d5dpgir.

Check out the images I took of the Armies on Parade, some boards were overdone (like the Deathwatch one) others fantastic, like the Carcharodons army. It was the Carcharodons board which stole my vote, too bad they didn't win.





These were the only good photos. The rest were taken with shaky hands. I tell you, don't eat the food there... EVER!! It was horrible! After one bite I felt sick and had food poisoning. Nurgle might've got his lapdogs to poison it...

So basically that day, I just didn't bother eating anything till dinner (I skipped breakfast to make it there early and wound up being the [approximately] 400th person there).

No comments:

Post a Comment