Friday 26 April 2013

MechWarrior: Online - Catapult CPLT-K2 Build (Jager Destroyer)

Image courtesy of the MechWarrior: Online Wiki

I've been piloting the Catapult for so long, I only just figured out that the Catapult has a major issue with its head. It's so damn easy to headshot it's not even funny anymore. This means I just gotta stay well away from the enemy. To do so I have to change the Mech from Brawler to Sniper. Also the current Meta favours snipers anyway...
I don't buy MC, not because I don't want to support the game, but because I actually have no credit card... and I'm kinda poor. So that means I have to make do with what I got and slowly grind C-Bills. Which means I have to make do with cheap (C-Bills wise) Mechs. With that in mind, it's time I reveal some useful (yet cheap) builds.
Before you take a look at my take on two outdated yet well known builds, I'd like you to know that these were made out of scrap and spare parts. Which means that Standard 200 Engine is only there because I ripped it out of my Centurion.

CPLT-Jager Destroyer V.1 < MechLab Link

Have you ever seen those Tank Destroyers that the army uses for Tank Hunting? Well when I looked at the Gaussapult for the second time, this is exactly what I saw (the first time I saw it, I saw cheese). Literally that's all this build is good for. Mech Hunting. Just sit back and snipe away. Make sure you find yourself a suitable sniping position

People say CASE and Gauss rifles are useless. Well let me tell you, they are if you have an XL Engine. CASE stops your Ammo (in this case Gauss Rifle) explosion from heading to your Center Torso. It doesn't stop the explosion from happening. But the damage won't go to your Engine. Which means you still have the second Gauss Rifle to use.

This Mech is slow. Really damn slow. Speed Tweak is almost a must to use this IMO. Your speed with Speed Tweak is around 54kph, which is just bearable.
Remember, just because it's outdated, doesn't mean it's not effective!
Note: The build DOES NOT require Double Heat Sinks. They're only there because I converted my Energy Brawler to a Sniper and didn't want to pay any C-Bills to convert my Double Heat Sinks back to Single Heat Sinks.

CPLT-Jager Destroyer V.2 < MechLab Link

This CPLT-Jager Destroyer V.2 (or my take on the outdated KC/20) is merely a conversion of the Destroyer V.1 in which AC/20s are equipped instead. Again, Speed Tweak is a must. Also this time, Double Heat Sinks are a must too.

Stick close to an Atlas buddy and support him. He/She may take all the kills but remember, twin AC/20s are great for stripping armour.
Remember, just because it's outdated, doesn't meant it's not effective!

1 comment:

  1. I prefer my dual Guass Firebrand with 6 tons of ammo and 4 ML and with speed tweak I get almost 70 KPH. However, I have never tried a Catapult so what do i know :)

    ReplyDelete