Tuesday 23 April 2013

MechWarrior: Online Highlander HGN-733P (Theory) Build

UPDATE 1: Due to the latest patch (June 18th, 2013), Large Pulse Lasers have been nerfed. This "Theory" build has been rendered worthless.
 
Image courtesy of the MechWarrior: Online Wiki

Theory and practicality have always been and will be different. However they both cannot exist without the other as practicality was based off theory in the first place. So let's begin with a Theory Build for the new loved/hated Highlander HGN-733P.
Remember, I don't buy MC, not because I don't want to support the game, but because I actually have no credit card... and I'm kinda poor. So that means I have to make do with what I got and slowly grind C-Bills. Which means I have to make do with cheap (C-Bills wise) Mechs. With that in mind, let's take a look and some theoretically useful (yet cheap) builds.
The Highlander is the new "poptart" Mech on the block. For all the hate on poptarts, they have their uses - in which I agree there should be reticle shake when Jump Jets are in use. But whatever, this Highlander design utilises Jump Jets... for maneuverability, not "poptarting".

HGN-733P Theory Build < MechLab Link

I love Large Pulse Lasers, specifically for their sound and the pinpoint damage I usually get with them. Least if you check out my CPLT-Jager build, then you'll know why I love Large Pulse Lasers.

Consider yourself a pure brawler. You do have some form of range (600M for those Large Pulse Lasers), but your best suited for brawling anything basically. You might feel left out during the initial sniping combat phase. But just wait patiently for the right time to charge/flank. Get the surprise on someone and you can begin your (theoretically) deadly brawl.

The single Jump Jet is primarily there for maneuverability. If you use them correctly, you can swing your Mech in an almost 180 degree turn... almost. You have to compensate with turning your torso. But you should be able to easily hit those Mechs that try to get behind you.

With those 20 Double Heatsinks, you'll never have to worry about overheating - which usually means death in a brawl. Just control your firing rate if you do wind up reaching 90% Heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment