Saturday 8 June 2013

MechWarrior:Online - Jagermech Firebrand Build (Psyfleman)

Image courtesy of the MechWarrior: Online Wiki

I seriously truly love the Jagermech. I love it so much, my first MC and HeroMech purchase was the Firebrand; and as per any typical BattleTech fan I armed the Firebrand similar to the Rifleman. Key word here is similar.
I reject the current Meta and substitute... errr... something else!! Now check out this build!!
Psyfleman < MechLab Link

Remember, the key word I used earlier was similar to the Rifleman. A Rifleman has always been armed with Large Lasers and AC5s in the Arms and Medium Lasers in the Torsos. You can't just take those away and call it a Rifleman. You can only say it's similar. Hence my build is merely similar.

So, straight off the bat, you can see this Firebrand is armed with twin Large lasers and twin AC2s. What I have learnt is that some people underestimate the power of AC2s. Especially more-so, now that the AC5s had their buff. However AC2s are still powerful if you know how to utilise them.

AC2s fire once every 0.5 seconds. This allows for some pretty fast rapid-fire DAKKA. However AC2s are pretty useless if you're not accurate, so the key thing here is accuracy. Spray and Pray also works, but you do a lot more damage if you're accurate. In addition, AC2s produce a lot of heat (not a dramatic amount in this build), so you must fire the AC2s in controlled bursts.

The Large Laser you should fire in tandem with your AC2s. But you must always check your heat before and after doing so. What I like to do is when my heat is about 90%, I sometimes retreat behind cover to cool down. Once I hit a reasonable percentage (where I can constantly fire the AC2s without hindrance, and still fire the Large Lasers without overheating) I pop back up to shoot. Sometimes I use that "cooldown" period to change positions.

Just note, the major heat build up comes directly from firing the Large Lasers whilst still firing both AC2s.

No comments:

Post a Comment