Friday 6 September 2013

MechWarrior: Online - Stalker 5M Build (Gordos)

Image courtesy of the MechWarrior: Online Wiki

I take it people would be expecting a Beginner MechBuilds: Part 2, Heavy BattleMechs this week. However I'm still writing and judging the current Heavy Mechs to determine their worth to a new player. I find that the best Heavy Mechs for beginners is the Cataphract, Jagermech and to some degree, the Catapult (however I personally dislike the Catapult).

Instead, this week, I shall be posting a build that works quite surprisingly well. I'm not generally an Assault Mech pilot as I absolutely hate their slow speed. After all, the role I fill is a Striker or Suppressor. But when I do pilot an Assault Mech, I make sure to bring the hurt!
I reject the current Meta and substitute... errr... something else!! Now check out this build!!
Gordos

Mechromancer MechLab: [Link]
Smurfy MechLab: [Link]

Role: Brawler
Speed: 57.18 kph
Firepower: 55
Armour: 480
Cost: 11.3 mil CBills (Approximately)

Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: All SSRM 2s
Secondary Weapon Group: Large Pulse Laser and all 4 Medium Lasers
Tertiary Weapon Group: All 4 Medium Lasers

Streaks have been nerfed quite badly. But I personally like this nerf. No more instant CT destruction, but limbs do go flying off. Especially more so now they've increased the damage (admittedly 2.5 might be a tad too high, especially when SSRM 4s and SSRM 6s will appear sometime in the future).

Anyway, since Streaks have a tendency to target limbs; Legs are more easily destroyed, utilise the fact that Streaks target limbs and leg your enemy with both Streaks and your Lasers. This build does run hot, even with 22 Double Heat Sinks!! But then, any Stalker that doesn't run hot is doing it wrong.

The Stalker's major weakness is that cursed Torso Twist, you'll need to rely on your team mates to back you up a bit and chase those pesky Lights away. Use the terrain to your advantage too. You're slow, but you're a Brawler; means you can't charge Rambo style.

No comments:

Post a Comment