Friday 18 October 2013

MechWarrior: Online - Thunderbolt (TDR-5S, TDR-5SS, TDR-9SE) Build

Image courtesy of mwomercs.com/phoenix

Project Phoenix has finally arrived!! Everybody should've had a few days to mess around with each Mech whilst trying to find something super effective, that suits their taste. As for me, I've tried everything excluding the Shadow Hawk (haven't thought of anything cool for it yet).

From what I've tried, the Locust kinda sucks. Well I was expecting it to suck until set Tonnage Limits, but even then it'll suck. Super easy to One-Shot! In addition, the Locust which was suppose to be unique in that it was suppose to be the only Light Mech that can break the 150kph speed cap... well we know how the devs are XD

The Battlemaster is super fun to pilot, but I just can't seem to pull off Assaults. Maybe I need to try and Speed Tweak it before I can become a better Battlemaster Pilot. But then, I've just been doing dreadfully, I can easily score 500+ damage on average, but I just die heaps and haven't really won any game. Guess fate is telling me to play the Thunderbolt.

Out of all these Phoenix Mechs, I pilot the Thunderbolt the best. Maybe it's because it was the first Mech I ever laid eyes on, and I practically grew up loving it.

Anyway, these are the Thunderbolt Builds I've been using, and so far they're quite effective.

TDR-5S/TDR-5S(P) Build

Mechromancer MechLab: N/A
Smurfy MechLab: [Link]

Role: Brawler/Support
Speed: 67.3 kph
Firepower: 46
Armour: 384
Cost: N/A

Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: AC/10
Secondary Weapon Group: All 4 Medium Lasers
Tertiary Weapon Group: Both SRM 4s

I haven't found a super cool Build I like for this Thunderbolt variant, but somehow this build manages to pull victories for me, that and kills. It's not a beast, but it's decent. You have to watch your heat occasionally. When that happens, AC/10 should be the only weapon you fire.

Just like the Centurion, Torso Twist. The Thunderbolt has pretty good survivability. It's sort of like the Centurion of the Heavy Mechs, but better and more fun!

--------------------------------------------------

TDR-5SS Build

Mechromancer MechLab: N/A
Smurfy MechLab: [Link]

Role: Support
Speed: 74.8 kph
Firepower: 43
Armour: 368
Cost: N/A

Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: Both Large Lasers
Secondary Weapon Group: All 5 Medium Lasers
Tertiary Weapon Group: All 5 Medium Lasers (Chain Fire)

This Build is currently built in my MechLab, but remains untested in a live combat scenario.

--------------------------------------------------

TDR-9SE Build

Mechromancer MechLab: N/A
Smurfy MechLab: [Link]

Role: Brawler/Support
Speed: 74.8 kph
Firepower: 49
Armour: 368
Cost: N/A

Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: Both SRM 6s
Secondary Weapon Group: All 5 Medium Lasers
Tertiary Weapon Group: 2 Medium Lasers (Right Arm)

So far, this has been my favourite Thunderbolt. Might be cos of the Jump Jets. It plays a lot like my Centurion CN9-AL Builds, but way better. Utilise those Jump Jets to help mitigate damage.

The Thunderbolt so far, has crazy survivability, especially with a Standard Engine! You can easily spread damage across your whole entire Torso, but with Jump Jets, you can spread it to your legs. In addition, you have a Shield Arm!

No comments:

Post a Comment