Friday 1 November 2013

MechWarrior: Online - Victor Dragon Slayer Build

Image courtesy of the MechWarrior: Online Wiki

I swear, ever since that tournament, poptart builds have become so much more prevalent. I remember only ever seeing 1 or 2 every game (per side), but now I see about 8 poptarts per side. It's seriously starting to borderline ridiculous!

As I've stated previously, I cannot argue against their effectiveness. I super detest them, but they do work, and they do work well.

Anyway, I believe you can guess what sort of Dragon Slayer build, today's build is. I'll give you one guess...
If you can't beat them, join them.
Dragon Slayer Build V.1

Mechromancer MechLab: [Link]
Smurfy MechLab: [Link]

Role: Sniper
Speed: 66.8 kph
Firepower: 30
Armour:448
Cost: 1.2 mil and 6000 MC (Approximately)

Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: Both AC/5s
Secondary Weapon Group: Both PPCs

For those who have just bought the Dragon Slayer, you can practically use this build straight off the bat for minimum costs. Surprisingly PPCs and AC/5s share a very similar projectile speed, which may explain why they're often used in tandem.

Reminder: PPCs do no damage under 90m. So don't go about shooting them and wasting unnecessary heat at that range.

--------------------------------------------------

Dragon Slayer Build V.2

Mechromancer MechLab: [Link]
Smurfy MechLab: [Link]

Role: Sniper
Speed: 70.9 kph
Firepower: 30
Armour:448
Cost: 6.7 mil and 6000 MC (Approximately)

Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: Both AC/5s
Secondary Weapon Group: Both PPCs

Out of the 2 builds listed here; this is my personal favourite one. I do lack the extra Jump Jet, but if you're going to poptart, you need at least a minimum of 3 (IMO). Anything less and you just won't get the height. I personally would've preferred 4; however, I also chose to have extra speed.

An XL350, coupled with Speed Tweak, and you're moving at 78 kph. That's pretty damn fast for an Assault Mech (who plays like a Heavy Mech). Use this speed to reposition and to keep sniping.

No comments:

Post a Comment