Wednesday 18 December 2013

MechWarrior: Online - Griffin GRF-3M Build

Image courtesy of mwomercs.com/phoenix

Well guess what? The Sabre Mechs have finally arrived!! Well they've arrived today for me. Gotta love time zone differences...

Regardless, I actually really super love the Griffin. The Wolverine seems a bit meh. But then again, I haven't bothered to run it. Appearance wise, I love the Griffin! It just feels like my beloved Centurions! But with Jump Jets!!

Admittedly, the only issue with the Griffin I've found so far, is that lop-sided (right-sided) weapon layout. Regardless, I've found it super fun. I haven't piloted it enough, to judge weather or not XL Engines are the main way to go.
From the ashes we'll rise... the Phoenix Mechs have returned... all shall burn before our might!
GRF-3M "Demigryph" (XL350, 1x LL, 1x ML, 4x SSRM2, BAP & 3 JJ)

Smurfy MechLab: [Link]

Role: Striker
Speed: 103.1 kph
Firepower: 34
Armour: 352
Cost: N/A

Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: All 4 SSRM2s
Secondary Weapon Group: Large Laser and Medium Laser
Tertiary Weapon Group: All 4 SSRM2s (Chain Fire)
Quaternary Weapon Group: Large Laser

This is actually the exact same build I run on my Shadow Hawk SHD-2D2. Only difference is that I have less armour in the Left Arm (Shield Arm) and 1 extra Jump Jet. Otherwise it's exactly the same.

Reason I went straight for this build; is that this build is definitely works, and works well. Least it works well on the SHD-2D2.

Anyway, depending on the Mech and fight; I constantly switch between Chain Fire and Alpha (when using the SSRM2s). I really love to shake the enemy Mechs with my SSRM2 shake. It really pisses off most Mechs, and it's really annoying. However occasionally I do need to Alpha those SSRM2s.

Thanks to this superb speed; I like to "chase the squirrel", though I will only chase so far. I'm not stupid enough to be lured into an ambush! But I will chase them away if they try to tie us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment