Friday 28 February 2014

Anime 'of the Month'


'of the Month' is a new segment where I basically spotlight 'Something Awesome'. This will happen on the last day of each month (seems more appropriate to have it at the end than the start).

So what is 'Something Awesome'? Well 'Something Awesome' can range from Artists, Music, Movies, Games and anything else that is worth mentioning! If you know 'Something Awesome' that should be mentioned on my Blog, then just share it in the comments!


'Something Awesome' this month is:
Log Horizon


Log Horizon has been airing since the last quarter of last year. I wouldn't count it as old as it's still currently airing as I speak (or type); we are currently up to episode 21 as of this post. 

So why would I recommend this Anime to thee? Well it's simple, this anime is actually really, really good. It's practically that drama of being trapped in an MMORPG Anime that you've always wanted, but never properly got; or was pulled off dreadfully... not mentioning anyone Sword Art online...

I'll admit that in Log Horizon there is a lack of "Action Scenes". There is action scenes mind you; but they're not apparent and everywhere. This is more akin drama targeting the pain and fear that may come from being trapped in an MMORPG.


Avoiding spoilers as best I can; imagine what would happen if we were all trapped in some MMORPG. What would be the first thing we'd do? There are no rules. What would happen when we die? Would we perma-die? Or would we respawn? If we were to respawn, then we can just mug as man people as we want, where only the strong survive!

Log Horizon targets exactly that!

I really love this anime. Easily one of my favourites of 2013. The characters are fun, which you can connect to; they each share our habits, like constantly pushing up our glasses. We can relate with them, to a degree. Oh by the way, this Anime isn't totally serious and dramatic; it is totally super humourous at times!


This is by no means a review (I don't do reviews); but a recommendation! I totally recommend you to add Log Horizon to your list of Anime to watch! Hey it also has a catchy opening theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment