Friday 20 June 2014

MechWarrior: Online - Timber Wolf (Any OmniVariant) Build


It's back to that time of the week!! I tell you what; Clan Mechs are not remotely OP in any way shape and form. A skilled IS pilot can easily take down an equally skilled Clan pilot. However Clan Mechs do FEEL OP when they are piloted. Least it feels that way with me in my Timber Wolf!!

With Mechs; most Mechs have a choice of 2 out of the 3. By this I mean; Speed, Firepower and Armour. Most Mechs can only pick 2. You can have Firepower and Armour, Speed and Firepower. The Timber Wolf however gets to pick all 3! It has fantastic armour (for a Heavy); a fantastic Speed of 81kph (89.1kph with Speed Tweak) and depending on how you arm him; fantastic Firepower!!

For today, my current and personal favourite build; and I tell ya, she hurts hard!

Check it out right meow!

TBR-PRIME "Chiba Erika" (2x CMPL, 2x CERML, 4x CSRM6A & 2x JJ)

Smurfy MechLab: [Link]

Role: Striker/Brawler
Speed: 81 kph
Firepower: 76
Armour: 441
Cost: N/A
 
Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: All 4 CSRM6As
Secondary Weapon Group: Both C-Medium Pulse Lasers and both C-ER Medium Lasers
Tertiary Weapon Group: All 4 CSRM6As (Chain Fire) 
Quaternary Weapon Group: Both C-Medium Pulse Lasers
Quinary Weapon Group: both C-ER Medium Lasers

You can probably make do without that many Weapon Groups; but I run all 5 for optimal fire control and heat management. Least I'm quite capable of controlling all 6 Weapon groups if I need to. I generally keep to 4; but on occasions 6.

This build, absolutely hurts I tell ya! The Armour is pretty decent; I only skimped a little on the legs; otherwise max every where. Since CMPL and CERML share very similar range (50m difference) the range difference of the 2 is negligible.

In addition; now that SRMs actually work as they should; they're a fantastic brawling weapon. Yes there's no pinpoint damage; but that means moot all when you get to blast thy IS fools into smithereens!

This build runs relatively cool; that is until you alpha several times. That's when you know it's time to Chain Fire and control what weapons you fire. You can fully brawl for approximately 15 seconds at full power. So I suggest you to make sure it takes you 15 seconds to kill your enemy when the fight involves into a fantastic brawl. Otherwise; you may need to back off to cool down. Use those Jump Jets in a brawl too!!

Edit: I posted the following pic over on my Facebook; but I'll replicate it here. This is but one example I have achieved with this build. I easily average 600+ damage spiking to 1000 every so often!


No comments:

Post a Comment